The objectives of the incubation and technology transfer centre are:
- to promote product oriented research and development and bridge the gap between Research & Development and commercialization.
- to generate technology-competent entrepreneurs.
- to serve as an interface between research institutions and industry.
- to encourage the development of indigenous products and
- to organize seminars, symposia, workshops and conferences.
The objectives shall be achieved by way of providing comprehensive entrepreneurship skill development training. The entrepreneurs would be guided by the designated mentors by providing necessary breeding ground to bring out a new model, enterprise or a patent. The ITTC would provide an effective and facilitating bridge between research labs and the business world. It would provide an extremely entrepreneurial business environment that fosters collaboration and sharing among young companies, while respecting the independence and self-reliance that motivates entrepreneurs. It would provide an efficient technology transfer and commercialization mechanism. Incubator graduates would create jobs, commercialize new technologies and would strengthen local and national economies. Initially, the proposed center aims to work on the following technology disciplines: Image and Video Processing, Data Engineering and Web Designing.